Learners who have enrolled onto full-time engineering, business, construction, sports, hospitality and professional cookery at Derby College will have the chance to join a wide range of Employer Academies which have been set up to fill various skills gaps in the job market.
Bondholders Derbyshire County Cricket Club; Derby Telegraph; epm:technology; HUUB; The Finesse Collection; and Hodgkinson Builders have all teamed up with the College to provide regular work experience, master classes and special projects.
Many of the academies' applicants will also be guaranteed a job interview upon completion of the course for a job or apprenticeship at the company.
Derby College's Bondholder Academies include:
- Cricket Derbyshire Hospitality Academy which also provides Catering and Hospitality students at the College with potential paid part time work;
- Cricket Derbyshire Sports Academy - based at Derbyshire County Cricket Club, providing training and work experience opportunities;
- Derby Telegraph Media Sales Academy - giving business students a unique insight into the demanding world of media sales;
- epm:technology Advanced Composites Academy - introducing engineering students to the rapidly expanding advanced composites manufacturing industry;
- HUUB Marketing and Product Development Academy - enabling business students to be involved in HUUB, a growing company designing triathlon wetsuits for international markets;
- The Finesse Collection Professional Cookery Academy - students will be working alongside top chefs at the Cathedral Quarter Hotel, Donington Manor Hotel and at the host of events handled by the company's outdoor catering division - Finesse Hospitality; and
- Hodgkinsons Academy - where construction students will learn first-hand the builders trade with a guaranteed job interview upon completion of the course.
For more information on Employer Academies at Derby College - visit the website at www.derby-college.ac.uk