Are you interested in selling your products or services to China or looking for a way to assess the market? Bondholders Derby City Council and East Midlands Chamber are taking a mission to the World Manufacturing Convention in Derby's twin city, Hefei, China (20-23 September).
Run in partnership with Derbyshire County Council, the Midlands Engine and the Department for International Trade, the mission offers an ideal platform to explore opportunities in China or just assess the market.
This is a significant national level event in China and the UK’s position as the “Country of Honour” will be leveraged to maximise business matching.
Marketing Derby will be hosting its first Chinese Embassy event in Hefei during the visit.
The theme of the convention is “Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Creativity Embracing the New Era of Manufacturing”, and it covers not only manufacturing and engineering, but also the support services needed for a business to thrive (industrial, environmental, financial, technical etc).
It will offer:
- Free entry to The World Manufacturing Convention;
- Personalised and pre-arranged business matching with companies in Anhui and at the Convention;
- Before the mission, an introduction programme on the business environment and on operating in China delivered by the China–Britain Business Council (CBBC);
- Grants for qualifying SMEs of up to £940;
- Specific UK business events to showcase our skills, talents and offering.
Derby City and Derbyshire County Councils have a long and close relationship with the province of Anhui and the city of Hefei, with a project director based there. These close relationships will be of real benefit to Derbyshire businesses in preparing for the convention.
If you are interested in following up this opportunity, please contact the Department of International Trade West Midlands at: email@example.com