Two major opportunities have arisen for companies thinking of engaging with China in Hefei and Shanghai.
China hosts the world’s largest population and second largest economy.
Chinese President Xi Jinping is keen for his country to strengthen trading links with the UK, which is currently China’s second largest trading partner.
China has entered a new development stage at which consumption keeps increasing, indicating enormous potential for import growth. In the next five years, China is expecting to import products and services valuing more than 10 trillion U.S. dollars, which provides a historic opportunity for enterprises across the world to enter the huge Chinese market.
Businesses are encouraged to join events being held in China during 2018 to visit and consider trading with China.
When: 24th – 26th May 2018
What: World Manufacturing Convention
Where: Hefei Binhu International Exhibition & Convention Center in Anhui Province
Why go: An excellent opportunity to find new business opportunities and learn about the latest developments and trends in manufacturing.
- Participating European Chamber members will enjoy these benefits at no cost:
- Free conference pass for registered company and employees. ( See below instructions to register)
- Free matchmaking with Chinese counterparts arranged by the convention organizers.
- Free local accommodation and food for one representative from each company. (Additional participants from each company must cover their own expenses.)
- One negotiation table with four chairs.
- For Fortune 500 companies, free business class round-trip air ticket, or high-speed train round-trip ticket, both for China domestic travel only, for one senior executive.
- There may also be speaking slots available for the forum, although this will be subject to approval by the organisers.
For more details visit: www.amcham-shanghai.eventbank.cn/event/14695/
When: 5th – 10th November 2018
What: The first China International Import Expo
Where: National and Convention Center, Shanghai
Why go: Enterprises from over 100 countries and regions are expected to participate in the first CIIE. Supporting activities such as supply-demand matchmaking meetings, seminars and product releases will be held during the Expo.
It is estimated that 150,000 domestic and foreign professional purchasers will participate in the Expo.
- Policy incentives will be available at the expo to facilitate trade:
- Customs clearance
- Inspection and quarantine
- Long-term one-stop transaction services online and offline
- Strengthened protection of intellectual property rights
- Translation services
- Information enquiries
For more details visit: www.shanghaiexpo.org.cn/zbh/en/
It is expected that Derby and Derbyshire will send a strong delegation to the Shanghai event, followed by a visit to twin city and Province Hefei and Anhui.