A £4.5million programme provided through the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership aims to help people facing significant barriers to find employment with tailored support to develop their work skills.
The 'INSPIRE Local' programme will aim to help those having trouble finding work due to disabilities or health conditions, having little or no work experience, living in isolated or rural areas, or living in areas with high levels of social exclusion.
Applications can now be made by those looking to deliver the programme within D2N2's area. Further information can be found here.
Funding for INSPIRE Local will be provided through the European Social Fund (ESF), part of the €250million European Structural and Investment Funds allocated to D2N2 to grow its area's economy.
People taking part in the INSPIRE Local Programme will receive:
- A two week support programme, including help with motivation and creating a plan of action; which could include work experience, further training, health and well-being support, and access to addiction treatment programmes.
- An assigned mentor who will work with individuals for up to a year to support progress with their action plan.
- Funding for individual's additional needs; such as extra equipment needed to enable someone to undertake work experience.
- Mentoring support for up to six months once people are in employment; and practical help with things such as travel costs, work equipment and extra training.
- Complementary help to enable people to progress further, once they have completed their programme (which may take up to a year).
Successful applicants will be expected to start delivering INSPIRE Local by the end of 2016. Funding will be available for them for up to three years.
Free information sessions for organisations wanting to bid to deliver INSPIRE Local will be held in Derby on Wednesday 18th May at the Derby Silk Mill - the session will be held from 10am to 2pm.