To conclude the Annual Business Event, a panel of leaders took part in a Q&A panel discussion on various topics looking at the city's next ten years.
Chaired by Steve Hall, Managing Director of Local World and Marketing Derby board member, the panel consisted of:
- Russell Davies, Partner at Smith Partnership
- Rachael Thomas, Executive Director at Derby Theatre
- Howard Ebison, Customer Service & Security Director at East Midlands Airport
- Paul Robinson, Chief Executive at Derby City Council
- Mandie Stravino, Principal at Derby College
Mandie and Paul debated the upcoming challenges faced by the city's education and training providers with regards to the future skills pipeline and discussed the best way to meet these challenges.
Howard and Russell talked about how East Midlands Airport can support the region's economy and growth plans in the Midlands Engine after being asked whether it was a dream or reality.
The panel discussion closed with each panel member saying, in one sentence, what national-scale work of art they'd have commissioned in the city, if given a free hand.