Following the Transport Secretary's commitment to develop a network of high quality rail connections across the north as part of plans to create a 'Northern Powerhouse', HSRIL* would like to invite you to attend a unique opportunity to learn just how high speed rail can transform your business and the communities that you live in.
- What: High Speed Rail Industry Leaders Focus Group
- When: Thursday 2nd July, 9am - 12:45pm
- Where: Bombardier Transport, Litchurch Lane, Derby, DE24 8AD
The morning will begin with an informal networking breakfast from 9am, with the main discussions beginning at 9:30am and closing at 12:15pm, when participants will have the exclusive opportunity to take a tour of Bombardier's site.
The purpose of this event is to:
- Help explain how businesses like your's can benefit from High Speed Rail and HS2;
- Provide an opportunity for rail and non-rail companies to engage with and access the opportunities that high speed rail can bring and form the types of business relationships that the HS2 project needs to succeed;
- Hear from companies in other areas about how a major project has transformed their business;
- Consider with other local suppliers what the barriers are to winning contracts from HS2;
- Hear a HSRIL member company explain contracting strategy;
- Establish a longer term package of support for companies in the regions.
To express an interest in attending this free event, please email Deb Carson (email@example.com)
*The High Speed Rail Industry Leaders (HSRIL) is an organisation that coordinates and shares the expertise and experience within the industry to help guarantee that Britain’s national high-speed rail network is delivered successfully to world class standards, leaving a lasting legacy for growth and jobs and skills. Our members have helped deliver major infrastructure projects in the UK and around the world, ranging from creating entirely new high speed networks through to maintaining and improving the UK’s existing rail network.